Wednesday, June 07, 2006

I've finally returned to Palestine.  In fact, I've been here for about 10 days.  I'm sorry for my lack of updates to this blog and my inability to respond to all of the wonderful emails I've received.  I'm very busy studying Arabic, visiting friends, and taking in life in Bethlehem.  But the primary reason I haven't written is that I simply can't put words to what I am experiencing.  It's difficult to return after a year.  The pace of occupation is accelerating and I sincerely wonder how much longer Palestinian will be able to survive it.  As I said, it's difficult to find the words to describe it and it's even more difficult to arrange those words into sentences, and those sentences into paragraphs.  When I try to write, I feel like I'm trying to impose order into a situation that is marked by disorder, an occupation that is aimed at producing enough chaos to destroy the fabric of Palestinian life.  How I can write in such circumstances? 
 
But that said, I have been writing and I hope that I'll be able to post soon.  Expect one, two, or maybe even three articles in the next few days.
 

No comments: