Monday, July 14, 2008

Hi readers. I'm in Hebron right now, enjoying a little break. I'm honestly completely exhausted, so I don't think there will be much content on this blog for the next week. I need to get some rest.

Life in the South Hebron hills seems to be getting harder all the time. Our landlord and his 12 year old son were detained without food for 14 hours last week. In the end, the army took away their car and now say that they will have to pay 3,000 NIS to get it back. I just can't express how upsetting this was. The women in the family decided to cheer themselves up by having a dance party. But, as it seems to always go here, most of their music tapes were in the confiscated car. But we all danced (or at least I tried to) and laughed. Sometimes that's all you can do.

No comments: